Child Support Handbook 2015/2016
Price £35 (cover price) (Members and CAB Price £30.00)
c.494 pages ISBN 978-1-910715-01-7
To pre-order your copy either:
23rd edition due Summer 2015
Discounts and offers:
- For bulk or large order discounts, please call us on 020 7837 7979
- To help you reduce the cost of our publications and training courses, CPAG has introduced a new membership structure. Save 5% on all training courses and receive discounts on CPAG publications.
About the NEW 2015/16 Child Support Handbook
Our comprehensive guide to the child support scheme provides clear,practical guidance for anyone advising parents on child maintenance issues.
The Child Support Handbook explains:
- who can apply for maintenance and who has to pay
- how to apply and how to withdraw an application
- how maintenance is calculated
- the powers of the Child Maintenance Service to pursue maintenance and seek information
- conversions and transitional provisions
- collection and enforcement, including powers to deduct money from bank accounts
- challenging decisions and making complaints.
Updated to include the latest changes, this new edition is fully indexed and cross-referenced to legislation, caselaw and official guidance, and includes practical examples, tactical hints and arguments.
'If you are advising parents on any aspect of child maintenance then you need this book!' THE ADVISER (Citizens Advice)
'This book, like most of CPAG’s publications, should be in every social work ofﬁce… I found the practical examples, and advice about tactics and arguments useful and helpful. In short, this book is the benchmark guide to the child support scheme.' COMMUNITY CARE
'An essential aid for anyone involved with the child support system, whether as advisor, payer or recipient… It is quite remarkable for the clarity of its layout, the depth of its explanations and notes, and the accuracy of its content. Highly recommended.' SOLICITORS JOURNAL
'It is hard to beat the CPAG guide… it is outstanding value for money. It is clearly written and easy to ﬁnd your way around… invaluable for advisers.' NEW LAW JOURNAL
'Each edition is always better… (it) leaves everything I have seen in its wake.' FAMILY LAW
'This handbook is an excellent resource and invaluable when giving advice on all child support issues.' ARIAN money advice newsletter (Citizens Advice)
'The best thing… is to get a copy of the Child Support Handbook… details of entitlements are clear, accurate and fully explained.' BELLA