CPAG's Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction Legislation
Price £107 including updating Supplement 1,800 pages
ISBN 978 1 906076 80 1
This 26th annual edition published in January 2014.
The 27th edition is due in December 2014 - see order form.
This deﬁnitive publication includes housing beneﬁt legislation, and also legislation governing the new council tax reduction schemes in England, Wales and Scotland. The law in this edition is up to date as at 4 December 2013.
This volume gathers together all the relevant statutory material with an expert commentary. This includes analysis and interpretation of provisions, the latest caselaw, reference to ofﬁcial guidance, coverage of administration issues and help with practice. All the information is fully indexed and cross-referenced.
Among the changes and new material in this greatly expanded 26th edition:
- Commentary on the rules for:
- the ‘benefit cap’ administered by local authorities as a reduction in housing benefit;
- the social sector scheme for rent restriction where a tenant is under-occupying her/his home;
- when someone on universal credit can qualify for housing benefit for exempt accommodation;
- tables setting out council tax reduction scheme comparative provisions to aid in locating commentary;
- commentary on new decisions of the courts and the Upper Tribunal.
This book has long been the standard text for advisers, lawyers, local authority administrators, housing organisations and students. It is used in all housing beneﬁt cases coming before the First-tier Tribunal (Social Entitlement Chamber).
‘Packed with relevant information in an easily portable form. The title remains a work which no one concerned with housing beneﬁts can be without.’ FAMILY LAW
‘An important tool for anyone advising about housing beneﬁt.’ THE LAW SOCIETY’S GAZETTE
‘An indispensable guide for all those advising claimants in whatever capacity.’ SCOTS LAW TIMES
‘This excellent text is a must have for all advisers dealing with Housing Beneﬁt claims.’ THE ADVISER (Citizens Advice)