Appeals to the Upper Tribunal
This course is essential for any experienced adviser who wants to challenge decisions of the First-tier Tribunal (Social Entitlement Chamber) effectively. The main aim of the course is to equip you to understanding of what is an error of law and give you practice in finding errors of law in the First-tier Tribunal statement of reasons.
- Exploring other ways of changing First-tier Tribunal decisions
- Finding errors of law in the statement of reasons
- Format of an application or appeal to the Upper Tribunal
- Procedures from First-tier to Upper Tribunal
- Preparing submissions to the Upper Tribunal
- Hearings before the Upper Tribunal
Some experience of representing at the First-tier Tribunal is essential.
“Feel more confident now, particularly about identifying errors in law”
Due to demand we have another date for this course - 8 February 2018.
Thursday 8 February 2018, 10:00-16:00 Glasgow, £116 Citizens Advice Bureaux, £138 voluntary organisations, £195 statutory/other organisations,Training CPD hours:5