Appeals to the Upper Tribunal
This is an essential course for anyone who wants to challenge decisions of the First-tier Tribunal (Social Entitlement Chamber) effectively. Some experience of representing at the First-tier Tribunal is essential.
The course covers:
• Identifying a ‘material error of law’ in a First-tier Tribunal decision
• Exploring other ways of changing First-tier Tribunal decisions (set aside, correction of error, review)
• Applications for permission to appeal to the Upper Tribunal
• Procedures from the First-tier to the Upper Tribunal
• Preparing submissions to Upper Tribunal Hearings
Advisers will gain a practical understanding of how to challenge Tribunal decisions and the procedure of the First-tier and Upper Tribunals. The course will also enable advisers to identify errors of law, draft legal submissions and represent appeals in the Upper Tribunal.
Wednesday 30 May 2018, 10:00-16:30 FULLY BOOKEDLondon, £138 voluntary organisations, £195 statutory/other organisations,Training CPD hours:5