Appeals to the Upper Tribunal
This course is essential for anyone who wants to challenge decisions of the First-tier Tribunal (Social Entitlement Chamber) effectively. The main aim of the course is to give you an understanding of what is an error of law and practice in finding errors of law in the First-tier Tribunal statement of reasons.
The course covers:
- Exploring other ways of changing First-tier Tribunal decisions
- Finding errors of law in the statement of reasons
- Format of an application or appeal to the Upper Tribunal
- Procedures from First-tier to Upper Tribunal
- Preparing submissions to the Upper Tribunal
- Hearings before the Upper Tribunal
Some experience of representing at the First-tier Tribunal is essential.
“FEEL MUCH MORE CONFIDENT NOW, PARTICULARLY ABOUT IDENTIFYING ERRORS IN LAW”