Ask CPAG Online - Appealing after a Mandatory Reconsideration
This section covers issues relating to appeals which arise from the requirement to apply for a mandatory reconsideration (MR) before you can appeal. Clicking on the links below will take you to the main areas covered.
- How do you appeal after a MR?
- On what grounds can you appeal?
- Can you appeal without a MR notice?
- How is your ESA restored on appeal?
- Will your appeal always proceed to a tribunal?
The rules and tactical issues relating to appeals against benefit and tax credit decisions are covered in more detail in Chapters 55 and 64 of the CPAG Handbook.