Ask CPAG Online - Short-term Benefit Advances

You may be able to get a repayable advance payment of your benefit if you are waiting for a decision on your claim or to be paid, and are in financial need. These advance payments are called short-term benefit advances.

You can get an advance of most but not all benefits. The benefits you can get advances of include jobseeker’s allowance, employment support allowance and income support. You can also get an advance of universal credit, but these are dealt with slightly differently: see Ask CPAG Online – universal credit advances.

Click on the links below for more details about short-term benefit advances.