Benefits for EEA nationals
This one-day standard level course looks at the benefit rules that particularly affect EEA nationals. Focusing on the operation of the right to reside, habitual residence and past presence tests in social security benefits, this course covers the ways that recent changes have impacted on EEA nationals and their family members.
The course covers:
- The requirements that cause the greatest difficulties for EEA nationals
- Which factors are relevant in establishing habitual residence
- Who can satisfy or be exempt from the past presence test
- How the right to reside test is currently operating and who can satisfy it
- Particular issues for claimants moving from legacy benefits to universal credit
This course is aimed at those who advise European nationals on their benefit entitlements.
Those more experienced should book instead on the experienced level course, Benefits for EEA Nationals - Advanced. If you advise non-European nationals you should also book on Benefits for Non-EEA Nationals.
Thursday 10 October 2019, 10:00-16:30 London, £140 voluntary organisations, £199 statutory / other organisations,Training CPD hours:5
Wednesday 20 November 2019, 10:00-16:30 Manchester, £140 voluntary organisations, £199 statutory / other organisations,Training CPD hours:5
Tuesday 24 March 2020, 10:00-16:30 London, £140 voluntary organisations, £199 statutory / other organisations,Training CPD hours:5