Benefits for students
This course provides a basic knowledge of the social security benefits and tax credits available for students, primarily in higher education, but including those in further education.
By the end of the course you should:
• Have an overview of the benefits system and the types and purposes of the main benefits
• Be able to identify whether a student is full-time or part-time for benefits purposes
• Know the main groups of higher and further education students who are likely to be able to claim benefits and tax credits, and what they can claim
• Know the impact of student funding on benefits and tax credits
• Be aware of the impact of universal credit on students