Benefits for young people
This course will help advisers, social services staff, housing workers, youth and education workers and anyone advising young people to get to grips with the complex and changing benefit rules relating to young people.
The course looks at how the benefits system applies to young people, particularly those aged 16–21.
The course covers:
• Income support and employment and support allowance
• Jobseeker’s allowance (including severe hardship and sanctions) and housing benefit
• Housing benefit rules relevant to young people (including the pending cuts for 18 to 21 year olds)
• What the introduction of universal credit and other welfare reforms will mean for young people
• The benefit entitlement of those in particular situations, such as disabled young people, looked-after children and care-leavers, workers and apprentices, people on training courses and in further education, those who are pregnant and lone parents, and those living away from their parents
Wednesday 19 April 2017, 10:00-16:30 London, £138 voluntary organisations, £195 statutory/other organisations,Training CPD hours:5
Monday 18 September 2017, 10:00-16:30 London, £138 voluntary organisations, £195 statutory/other organisations,Training CPD hours:5