Children's Handbook Scotland
Price £18 (cover price) (Members and CAB Price £16.00)
c.178 pages ISBN 978-1-906076-98-6
To order your copy either:
- Buy it now from our online shop
- order the NEW 8th edition by calling 020 7837 7979
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download the 2015/16 order form
Discounts and offers:
- For bulk or large order discounts, please call us on 020 7837 7979
- To help you reduce the cost of our publications and training courses, CPAG has introduced a new membership structure. Save 5% on all training courses and receive discounts on CPAG publications.
About the NEW 2015/6 Children's Handbook Scotland
This is the comprehensive guide to beneﬁts and tax credits where children are living apart from their parents, including children in kinship or foster care, children being looked after by the local authority, or at residential school, in residential care or in hospital.
Updated to include the impact of all recent social security changes, including universal credit and the ‘bedroom tax’, it covers:
- benefit and tax credit entitlement when children are living away from home;
- how payments made by local authorities to carers affect benefits and tax credits;
- local authority responsibilities to care leavers;
- how to challenge decisions.
Fully referenced to legislation and caselaw, and with easy-to-follow practical examples, it is an essential guide for anyone working with families and children in Scotland.
‘This is an area of social security law which can cause much confusion…the clarity of the information and clear structure of the chapters means this book will prove to be a valuable resource for advisers.’ THE ADVISER (CITIZENS ADVICE)
'An indispensable resource for social workers, support staff and advisers to help vulnerable families maximise their income.' RIGHTS ADVICE SCOTLAND
'I hope that workers and volunteers will use this Handbook often to help promote the fundamental rights of children to a decent life.' SCOTLAND'S COMMISSIONER FOR CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE