Conditionality and sanctions
This course will give an understanding of the current conditionality regime for claimant of JSA and ESA. Tougher sanctions rules and the work programme have transformed the conditionality regime for many claimants.
This course covers:
- Which claimants have to do what work related requirements?
- Understanding the different work related requirements (work related activity, actively seeking work, availability for work)
- When sanctions can be imposed and how the sanction regime works.
- Challenging sanction decisions and work related requirements being imposed
- Obtaining hardship payments
The course will help advisors navigate the current conditionality regime and advocate effectively on behalf of clients faced with sanctions.