Dealing with debt
This essential two-day course helps generalist advisers, community workers, local authority benefits and housing staff, social workers, health sector staff and others to advise and support clients with debt or money problems. This is a practical course, which takes a rights approach to maximising income, dealing with debts and other related issues. The course includes:
- examining the causes and effects of debt;
- understanding the debt advice process;
- deciding on levels of information/advice and making referrals;
- understanding liability for debt;
- dealing with priority and non-priority debts;
- drawing up financial statements;
- strategies and solutions;
- court proceedings including enforcement.
No previous knowledge of money advice techniques is needed. Participants will receive a free copy of the Debt Advice Handbook.
Monday, June 24, 2013 - 10:00
London, £190 voluntary organisations, £267 other organisations, CPD hours: 10, Tutor: Jeff Brown
Thursday, November 7, 2013 - 10:00
London, £115 voluntary organisations, £165 other organisations, CPD hours: 10, Tutor: Jeff Brown