Dealing with debt
This essential two-day course helps generalist advisers, community workers, local authority benefits and housing staff, social workers, health sector staff and others to advise and support clients with debt or money problems. This is a practical course, which takes a rights approach to maximising income, dealing with debts and other related issues.
The course covers:
- Examining the causes and effects of debt
- Understanding the debt advice process
- Deciding on levels of information/advice and making referrals
- Understanding liability for debt
- Dealing with priority and non-priority debts
- Drawing up financial statements
- Strategies and solutions
- Court proceedings, including enforcement
No previous knowledge of money advice techniques is needed.
Thursday 26 June and Friday 27 June 2014, 10:00-16:30 London, £195 voluntary organisations, £280 other organisations,Training CPD hours:10
Wednesday 10 December and Thursday 11 December 2014, 10:00-16:30 London, £195 voluntary organisations, £280 other organisations,Training CPD hours:10