Dealing with destitution
Increasingly advisers are supporting clients who have been left destitute due to a problem with their benefits. This course covers the common causes and focuses on practical steps advisers can take to get benefits in payment and access other support.
The course covers:
- Challenging sanctions and getting hardship payments
- Dealing with delays and suspensions
- Short-term benefit advances – who is eligible and how to get them
- Accessing the Scottish Welfare Fund and other sources of help
- Options for clients who have failed the employment and support allowance (ESA) work capability assessment
The course is suitable for advisers with a working knowledge of benefits wanting to update and consolidate skills and information.
"Would recommend to others"
Thursday 9 February 2017, 10:00-16:00 Inverness, £110 Citizens Advice Bureaux, £130 voluntary organisations, £185 statutory/other organisations,Training CPD hours:5