Dealing with destitution
Increasingly advisers are supporting clients who have been left destitute due to a problem with their benefits. This course covers the common causes and focuses on practical steps advisers can take to get benefits (including universal credit) in payment and access other support.
The course covers:
- Challenging sanctions and getting hardship payments
- Dealing with delays and suspensions
- Short-term benefit advances and universal credit (UC) advances – who is eligible and how to get them
- Accessing the Scottish Welfare Fund and other sources of help
- Options for clients who have failed the work capability assessment for employment and support allowance (ESA) or UC
The course is suitable for advisers with a working knowledge of benefits wanting to update and consolidate skills and information.
"Excellent and useful course"
"Would recommend to others"
Thursday 1 June 2017, 10:00-16:00 Glasgow, £83 Citizens Advice Bureaux, £94 voluntary organisations, £133 statutory/other organisations,Training CPD hours:5