New Benefits for Migrants Handbook out now
The Child Poverty Action Group this week publishes the Benefits for Migrants Handbook, a definitive guide to the social security entitlement conditions for people who have come to or are leaving the UK.
Thoroughly rewritten and restructured for ease of use, the new edition has been updated to take account of all significant social security changes affecting people from abroad, including returning residents. And it contains expanded sections on right to reside and European law.
It provides new and updated information on:
- practical examples and arguments that advisers can use, and information on dealing with the benefit and immigration authorities
- who can satisfy the right to reside requirement
- how the benefit and immigration rules affect entitlement
- problems that migrants may encounter with their claims and getting paid
- European law and how it affects social security entitlement
- financial and other support available for asylum seekers
Fully indexed and cross-referenced to UK and European social security immigration legislation, as well as caselaw, it is the essential guide to social security and asylum support for people coming to or leaving the UK.
The Benefits for Migrants handbook is available to order now, priced £25. Download the order form, call 020 7837 7979 to order by phone, email email@example.com or visit the online shop at www.cpag.org.uk/bookshop
Notes to Editors
- CPAG is the leading charity campaigning for the abolition of child poverty in the UK and for a better deal for low-income families and children.
- CPAG is the host organisation for the Campaign to End Child Poverty coalition, which has members from across civil society including children’s charities, faith groups, unions and other civic sector organisation, united in their campaigning for public and political commitment to ensure the goal of ending child poverty by 2020 is met.
For further information please contact:
CPAG Press and Campaigns Officer
Tel. 020 7812 5216 or 07816 909302