Policy Conference 2013
Took place on Thursday 18 July 2013
Child Poverty Action Group invited Local Authority and partner staff to attend a free conference exploring ways local authorities can creatively work to meet their commitments under the Child Poverty Act despite facing significant financial challenges.
Topics addressed on the day have emerged from discussions with local authorities and included workshops around:
- Universal Credit implementation
- Social Fund schemes
- Data sharing and how cross-departmental sharing could facilitate better interventions
- The potential role of Fairness and Child Poverty Commissions in keeping child poverty high on the political agenda
- Including the voices of children and young people in child poverty strategies
- Evaluating and monitoring child poverty strategies
- Local authorities and food poverty
With thanks to the Barrow Cadbury Trust.
The presentations, including recordings and slides, are being integrated into a dedicated webpage as we speak. In the mean time, the majority of the substance of the conference is available in the report.