Work-related requirements for benefit are getting tougher and sanctions more severe and widespread. This course will give you a good understanding of what goes into a claimant commitment and the work-related requirements that people are expected to meet. You will have a chance to think about how flexibilities in the system might help clients reduce the risk of a sanction. The course will also equip you to advocate effectively on behalf of clients who are faced with benefit sanctions.
The course covers:
- Understanding the claimant commitment
- Work-related requirements for people with health conditions and caring responsibilities
- Universal credit and work-related requirements
- Sanctions – when they apply, how much and for how long
- Challenging a sanction decision
- Getting hardship payments
"Very informative and useful"
"More confident now to challenge sanctions"
Thursday 18 January 2018, 10:00-16:00 Glasgow, £116 Citizens Advice Bureaux, £138 voluntary organisations, £195 statutory/other organisations,Training CPD hours:5