Scotland Welfare Rights Conference
Annual Conference: Welfare Rights 2017
We held our annual Welfare Rights Conference on Friday 19 May 2017 in Glasgow. You can catch up on the key themes discussed, in this blog post by Policy and Parliamentary Officer, Jenny Duncan.
- Jeane Freeman MSP, Minister for Social Security, Scottish Government
- Bruce Adamson, Children and Young People's Commissioner Scotland
Plenary session panellists: The role of social security in tackling child poverty
- Professor Christina Beatty, Sheffield Hallam University (view presentation here)
- Professor Jonathan Bradshaw, University of York (view presentation here)
- Kerry McKenzie, NHS Health Scotland (view presentation here)
- Jim McCormick, Chair of the independent Disability and Carers Benefits expert advisory group
The date for our next conference is Friday 22 June 2018.