Scottish National Standards
Organisations using these standards for information and advice providers need to make sure staff have the knowledge to meet the needs of service users.
CPAG’s training courses help you do this by covering knowledge requirements in the Competences for Advisers.
A suggested package of courses for agencies seeking accreditation or working to the national standards is:
- Introduction to welfare rights
- Universal credit, ESA and the work capability assessment
- PIP and attendance allowance - an introduction
- Income maximisation for older people
For Type II and III advisers, add on the following courses:
- Challenging PIP decisions
- Challenging work capability assessment decisions
- Overpayments of benefit and tax credits
- Using legislation and caselaw
For Type III advisers, add on the following courses:
To add on other specialist areas, there is a course to suit most requirements. And you can keep up-to-date with our Benefit basics 2019, Social security law update and our new courses including Universal credit update and tactics and Scottish social security.
To check if your knowledge is at the right level for the standards, try the new Knowledge Check in the elearning zone. It currently covers bereavement benefits.