Students and benefits – the basics
This half-day course provides a basic overview of social security benefits and tax credits, and which further and higher education students might be able to claim them. The course is for student advisers and other frontline workers who are new to benefits.
The course covers:
- A brief overview of the benefits and tax credits systems
- Which groups of students can claim universal credit
- Which groups of students can claim other benefits and tax credits
- The impact of student support on benefits
- Signposting students for help with benefits enquiries
"BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF HOW SOCIAL SECURITY AFFECTS STUDENTS"
Book this course at the special price of £45 per person or book it as an in-house course for £250 in total for up to 20 people for organisations in Scotland.