The introduction of universal credit from October 2013 will fundamentally change the current system of benefits and tax credits. This one-day course examines how the new benefit will work and the likely effect on claimants.
Topics covered include:
- the aims of universal credit;
- when and how it will be introduced;
- which benefits it will replace and which will remain;
- who will be able to claim it;
- how it will be calculated;
- claims, payments and appeals;
- conditionality and sanctions.
We use practical exercises and case studies to highlight the main features of universal credit, and there will be time for discussion of issues and concerns.
We add new dates thoughout the year - please sign up to stay informed by email.
Monday 20 January 2014, 10:00-16:30 London, £115 voluntary organisations, £165 other organisations,Training CPD hours:5
Monday 10 March 2014, 10:00-16:30 London, £115 voluntary organisations, £165 other organisations,Training CPD hours:5