Universal credit and young people
With universal credit (UC) full service now rolled out everywhere, it is important to make sure you know when young people can claim UC. This course will help you advise young people from age 16 on entitlement whether in or looking for work, in training or education, sick or disabled.
The course covers:
• UC for 16 and 17-year-olds
• UC for young people in or looking for work
• When young people can get UC in education or training
• Young parents' entitlement to UC
• UC for young people who are carers, sick or disabled
• UC housing costs for young people
• Maintaining a claim and dealing with sanctions
We have a range of other courses relevant to young people: Care-experienced young people and the benefits system, Universal credit and students, and Benefits for disabled children from age 16.
‘VERY HELPFUL INTRODUCTION TO BENEFIT SYSTEM’
‘GREAT COURSE, VERY INFORMATIVE’
Thursday 24 October 2019, 10:00-16:00 Glasgow, £140 voluntary / CABx organisations, £199 statutory / other organisations,Training CPD hours:5