Derbyshire's local welfare assistance scheme is called the Derbyshire Discretionary Fund. The Derbyshire County Council website states that the fund:

may be able to help you during an emergency or crisis situation and to support you to continue to live independently or cope with exceptional pressure when you have no other source of funding.

There are two types of payment:

  • exceptional pressure grant
  • emergency cash payment
How to apply

You can apply by phone or online.

For more information 

For more information see the following documents on the website:


Derbyshire County Council covers the following council areas:

  • Bolsover
  • Chesterfield
  • Derbyshire Dales
  • Erewash
  • High Peak
  • North East Derbyshire
  • South Derbyshire

Derby City Council is not covered by Derbyshire County Council.