The local welfare assistance scheme for Havering is called the Emergency Assistance Scheme. For more information see the Havering Council website.
Havering Council is working with Disablement Association of Barking and Dagenham to provide the scheme, which consists of three elements:
- Direct support:
- Crisis Prevention Loans (under the value of £250)
- Independence Funding Loans (over the value of £250)
You can download the scheme FAQs and policy document that were provided to CPAG in 2015 from the links on the right hand side of this page. For information on:
- How to make an application: page 5 of policy document
- How decisions are made on application: pages 6 and 7 of policy document
- How to challenge a decision: page 7 of policy document
How to apply
Complete the application form on the Disablement Association of Barking and Dagenham website.