The local welfare assistance scheme for Kent is called Home essentials in a crisisFor more information see the Kent County Council website, which states:

We may be able to help you if you are having serious difficulties managing your income due to a crisis or if you are facing exceptional pressures because of an emergency.

How to apply

You can apply online or you can visit one of the Council's 'gateways' in town centre and high street locations or a Citizens Advice Bureau.

District councils covered by Kent Home essentials in a crisis scheme
  • Ashford
  • Canterbury
  • Dartford
  • Dover
  • Gravesham
  • Maidstone
  • Sevenoaks
  • Shepway
  • Swale
  • Thanet
  • Tonbridge and Malling

Note: Medway is a unitary authority and has a separate scheme from other district council areas in Kent.