Bury Council's local welfare assistance scheme is called the Bury Support Fund. It can provide help in two types of situation:

  • Crisis payments - essential items needed for the health and wellbeing of you and your family. Normally this means food and money for gas or electricity to enable you to cook and stay warm.
  • Re-settlement payments - to help you either resettle into the community, because you are leaving care or prison, or are fleeing domestic violence or stay in the community rather than entering care 

You can download guidance notes on the Scheme from the link on the right hand side of this page.1

How to apply

You can apply online or you can phone and the council will complete the form on your behalf. The phone number is on the website

If you do not agree with a decision

The website states that:

If you do not agree with our decision about your claim, you can ask us to look at it again. We will normally only be able to consider an appeal if you provide additional information which we were not aware of at the time of your original claim. 

  • 1. as provided by Bury Council to CPAG in 2014