Calderdale Council's scheme is called Local Welfare Assistance.

Follow these links for details about the two types of award that the scheme can provide:

  • Emergency Living Support  can be awarded to help people with something they need either in an emergency or because of a disaster.
  • Community Living Support aims to help people return to the community after being in care or stay in their home rather than go into care or set up home in the community after having an unsettled way of life, or
    care for a prisoner when they leave prison on a temporary licence or ease exceptional pressures on families because of a family breakdown or illness or pay for certain travelling expenses e.g. going to a family funeral or visiting someone who is ill.
How to apply

For Emergency Living Support you can only apply by telephone. The phone number is on the website.

For Community Living Support download the application form or phone to ask for an application form to be posted to you.