The local welfare assistance scheme for Darlington is called the Social Fund. For more information see the Darlington Borough Council website.

It provides two types of support:

  • Crisis assessments
  • Community care support

On 3 October 2016, the administration of Crisis Assessments and Community Care Support transferred to the Community Support and Crisis Assessment Centre (administered by Darlington CAB).

How to apply

To apply for a crisis assessment, phone the number on the website. If you do not have access to a telephone, you can call into Darlington Citizens Advice Bureau, where you can call the assessment line utilising their phone.

Applications for community care support must be made online by a specialist provider, such as a housing officer, support worker or social worker.