The local welfare assistance scheme for Durham is the Welfare Assistance Scheme, which can provide two types of help:

  • daily living expenses 
  • settlement grant (which can help you to stay in your home, or move back into housing, after living in supported or unsettled accommodation)

For more information see the Durham County Council Welfare Assistance Scheme factsheet and the policy document1 that you can download from the link on the right hand side of this page.

How to apply

You can apply online or by phone. The phone number and opening hours are on the website. 

  • 1. as provided to CPAG in 2014