The local welfare assistance scheme for Islington is called the Resident Support Scheme.

For more information see the Islington Council website, which states that the Resident Support Scheme (RSS) is

The Resident Support Scheme is a fund made up of:

  • Discretionary Housing Payments
  • Payments previously made through elements of the Social Fund by the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP).
  • Islington Council’s new welfare provision for council tax relief in exceptional circumstances
  • Cripplegate Foundation’s former Grants to Residents scheme
  • The St Selpuchre (Finsbury) United Charities former Grants to Residents scheme

Applicants need only apply once to be considered for these grants and services.

You can download Islington's Local Welfare Assistance Eligibility Criteria (Revised and Effective from 01 August 2013), which was provided to CPAG in 2015, from the link on the right hand side of this page.

How to apply

Apply via your social worker, support worker or social landlord.  Alternatively, visit the council office.  Details are on the website.