Local Welfare Assistance Schemes A-Z

Use the A-Z links below to search for local welfare assistance schemes under the name of the council area where you live if you live in England or Scotland. 








If you don't know which local authority area you are in use the local authority finder tool on Directgov or download the map from the link on the right hand menu of this page. Note that: 

  • Some schemes in England closed in April 2015.
  • If you live in Northern Ireland, you can still get community care grants and crisis loans as descibed here.
  • If you live in Scotland, see the information on the Scottish Welfare Fund here.
  • If you live in Wales, go straight to our page about the Welsh Discretionary Assistance Fund, which is scheme for the whole of Wales.