The scheme for Mid-Devon is called Local Welfare Assistance. See the details on the Mid-Devon Council website. You can also download a guide to the Local Welfare Assistance Scheme that was provided to CPAG in 2014 from the link on the right hand side of this page.

The council can put you in touch with Wiser£money, an independent money advice service working with the council and may be able to help you access support from the Local Welfare Assistance scheme including: 

  • Help with food
  • Help with furniture and electrical items
  • Rent deposit
How to apply

You can apply online here or by phone or by visiting the council office in person. See the email form, postal address and phone number on the Contact us about benefits page.