The local welfare assistance scheme for Newcastle City Council is made up of two schemes:

For more information see the Guide to the Crisis Support Scheme that was provided to CPAG in 2014, which you can download from the link on the right hand side of this page.

How to apply

You can apply online for Crisis Support or, if you have any difficulties doing so, you can phone the Crisis Support section for help. The link to the online form and the phone number to ask for help are on the website. 

You can apply for a payment from the Supporting Independence Scheme by contacting the Active Inclusion Newcastle (AIN) Unit in Newcastle City Council. Their phone number and other details are on the website.