The local welfare assistance scheme for North Yorkshire is called the Local Assistance Fund.
It provides support for vulnerable adults to move into or remain in the community and to help families under exceptional pressure to stay together. For more information see:
- North Yorkshire County Council website
- Leaflet describing the scheme
- Leaflet about other forms of support
and the following documents1 that you can download from the links on the right hand side of this page:
- Guide to the assessment criteria
- Guide to the assessment grading
How to apply
You cannot apply direct to the council. You can apply through authorised agencies that will provide support to those who are eligible and are identified as vulnerable. The website gives details of how to contact the council to find out who the authorised agencies are.
North Yorkshire County Council covers the following council areas:
- 1. as provided to CPAG in 2014