The local welfare assistance scheme for Nottingham is called the Hardship Support Scheme. For more information see the Nottingham City Council website.

The scheme can provide:

  • Hardship Support - for people who need critical short-term financial help
  • Household Support - for people who need help to establish or maintain independent living in the community. (This will be in the form of essential household goods).

There is also a Small Loan Scheme for people who cannot get help as above. 

For more information, how to apply and useful guides see the Nottingham City Council website and the guides and flowcharts of the application, assessment and review process1 which you can download from the links on the right hand side of this page. 

How to apply

You can apply online or by phone. The phone number and opening hours are on the website. If you need help to apply you can ask for help from the Welfare Rights service.

  • 1. as provided to CPAG in 2014