The local welfare assistance scheme for Peterborough is called the Community Assistance Scheme. For more information see the Peterborough City Council website.

The scheme can provide:

  • emergency food
  • emergency furniture or other basic needs such as clothing, toys or household items
  • one off emergency heating or lighting payment
  • emergency white goods (a cooker or fridge, etc)
  • debt advice and help to manage money better
How to apply

You can apply by contacting the Peterborough Citizens Advice Bureau by phone or by visit. The address, phone number and opening hours are on the website - along with details of other agencies who can help you apply for food and furniture vouchers.