Home / Sheffield
The local welfare assistance scheme for Sheffield is called the Local Assistance Scheme. It can provide
- Local Assistance Loans - You may be able to apply for a loan if you need help as a result of an emergency or a crisis, where there is a severe risk to the health and safety of you or a family member.
- Local Assistance Grants - These help people establish themselves in the community or to ease exceptional pressure and can be awarded for household furniture and other essentials.
- guide for applicants
- guide for organisations and advisers
- guide for council decision makers
How to apply
You can apply online. If you need help to apply see the page, Help applying for the Local Assistance Scheme, from which you can look up the phone number and opening hours and other contact details.
- 1. as provided to CPAG in 2014