The local welfare assistance scheme for London Borough of Southwark is called the Southwark Emergency Support Scheme.
For more information see the Southwark Council website, which states that awards may be made if you are:
- Experiencing a time of crisis, emergency, or disaster and as a result you or your family are at risk of significant harm, or
- At risk of having to move out of your home and community and go into care, or
- Moving back into the community after spending time in an institution, such as a care home or hospital.
It also states that:
- Cash awards are only available in exceptional circumstances.
- You can apply online or by phone.
If you disagree with an Emergency Support Scheme decision you can ask Southwark Council to look at their decision again by writing to them within 14 days of the decision.1
How to apply
- 1. Letter from Southwark Council to CPAG in 2015.