The local welfare assistance scheme for Wiltshire is called Local Welfare Provision. The scheme can provide:

  • Help in a crisis, for examples where you have no food or no electric or gas  
  • Help to stay or move back into the community, for example if you are leaving prison or care, and need essential furniture to set up home.

For more information see the Wiltshire Council website and the following documents that were provided to CPAG in 2014 and which you can download from the links on the right hand side of this page:

  • Guidance for council decision makers
  • Guide to the review and appeal procedure
  • Leaflet about Local Welfare Provision
How to apply

Download an application form or make a claim by phone.  The phone number is on the website.