Worcester and south Worcestershire

The local welfare assistance scheme for people who live in Worcester City or in the south Worcestershire districts of Malvern Hills or Wychavon is called the South Worcestershire Discretionary Welfare Assistance Scheme and is run by Worcester City Council.

If you live in one of the other council districts in Worcestershire, see Bromsgrove, Redditch or Wyre Forest.

For more information see the Worcester City Council website, the What you need to know guide and the following documents that were provided to CPAG in 2014 which you can download from the links on the right hand side of this page: 

  • Guide to assessing claims to the scheme
  • Scheme policy 
  • Scheme leaflet 
How to apply

The website states that: 

You cannot apply directly – a supporting agency or organisation must apply on your behalf. This could be a support worker, careworker, health professional such as a mental health worker or health visitor, children's centre, local charity, housing or homelessness support service.

Supporting agencies or organisations should see this Support Agency Client Application Reference Sheet