Advice, information and training
Our welfare rights team provides support to those advising on welfare benefits and tax credits:
- help for advisers;
- welfare benefits training;
- welfare rights conference (London);
- information on a wide range of welfare rights topics including current issues such as universal credit, welfare reform, employment and support allowance, right to reside and tax credits;
- handbooks and online information services
- Welfare Rights Bulletin published six times a year.
We aren't able to provide direct advice to people who are claiming benefits or to their friends and families, but other organisations may be able to help.
For advice, information and training in Scotland see our CPAG in Scotland pages.
Raising awareness and changing the law
We raise awareness of when social security legislation or services are not working, and seek improvements by taking test cases and lobbying.